• 13 September 2021
The world has changed since simple rubber dildos and pocket rockets gained popularity. The sex tech industry is forecasted to grow to $122 billion by 2024, so it’s not slowing down any time soon. If you’re dipping your toes into the water for the first time, here’s just how to make sex tech work for you and your sex life.
Find the right toy for you
What really tickles your fancy? If you’re not sure, why not start out with something simple that does it all like the LELO GIGI 2 for internal and external play. Love clitoral stimulation? The LELO Sona 2 uses sonic waves to massage your clit without ever touching it.
Maybe you want to love the planet while you love yourself? Try the Lora DiCarlo Carezza feels just like a finger rubbing you to ecstasy. (Yes, really!)
Need both internal g-spot stimulation and clitoral massage to really get you going? The Lora DiCarlo Osé 2 is a hands-free 2-in-1 pleasure machine. Whatever you go for, once you’ve found the right sex toy, these tips might help you reach the big “O”.
Sex tips for solo orgasms
1. Use lube - There is nothing nice about dry scratchy sex toys. Make sure to use water-based lube for a better experience.
2. Change locations - Maybe you don’t feel comfortable in your bed. Worried someone might walk in? Many sex toys are waterproof, so why not lock yourself in the bathroom for some wet and wild fun.
3. Find the right position - This is a two-part tip. Not only do you need to find the right placement for your toy, but your whole body position matters too. Try it on your back, sides and stomach - maybe even sitting or standing to see what allows you the best access.
4. Explore your whole body - You have lots of erogenous zones and vibrating and sucking toys can explore those too if you get a body-safe toy. Either way, your hands can pinch, caress and stroke your nipples, stomach and inner thighs as an effective side dish to the main event.
5. Clench and release - Tightening and loosening your pelvic floor (Kegels) can increase the intensity of your orgasm too.
6. Take your time - This isn’t a race. Try for a solo orgasm when you are unbothered, unstressed and unrushed. Light some candles, put on some music or a sexy movie. Remember that your first goal is finding out what feels good. Take your foot on and off the gas to slowly build to orgasm.
7. Bring in a partner - Once you know what you like, try adding in your partner. Show them what works for you or trade giving each other pleasure. Sex toys can add spice to the bedroom for both of you.